In the spotlight this week is local activist Adam Smith.
1. What do you think is the most beautiful spot in our area?
Cumbernauld House Park – the largest town park in North Lanarkshire, with open green spaces and a beautiful grade A listed building.
2. What was your first record?
I think it was Michael Jackson – Black or White.
3. What’s the first thing you would grab in a fire?
A fire extinguisher.
4. What gadget could you not live without?
My iPod – around 800 songs to choose from and it keeps me connected with the world.
5. What’s your favourite film and why?
Stand By Me – adapted from a fantastic Stephen King novella called The Body, well directed, and brilliantly acted by a great cast.
6. What’s your dream holiday destination?
A few years ago I spent two months travelling round America and loved it. I’m now saving up to spend a few months travelling in Australia and New Zealand.
7. What’s your favourite book?
Lucky Man by Michael J. Fox – a humbling account of his diagnosis with Parkinson’s Disease and its development as he struggles to adjust.
8. What qualities do you look for in a friend?
Someone who is fun, unique, interesting, and supportive.
9. Cats or dogs?
10. What’s your favourite motto or wise saying?
“I used to think why doesn’t somebody do something about that, then I realised I am somebody.”