Cumbernauld woman Rita Hutson is in the chair for our ten-question grilling
1. As a long-term resident of Cumbernauld, what in your view is the town’s greatest strength?
Really good neighbours, especially in Seafar where I live. Even some of the newer folk are special to me and being in my 80s now, it’s nice to know they are around if you need help in any way.
2. What is your favourite song?
My Way by Frank Sinatra because my late husband Jim thought he was good at singing it - so I just let him think that!
3. What part of your life do you look on with most affection?
When I came to Cumbernauld from a tenement in the Gallowgate in 1962 with Jim and our two girls - with a new house I was in heaven!
4. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
To get a computer. I’m able to keep in touch with friends via email. I use Skype to contact my sister in Palm Springs USA every Sunday night.
5. Tell us what is number one on your ‘to-do’ list
To clear out some old photos! I can’t tell you how many I have in boxes, cases and scrapbooks. With some I can’t remember the names or faces - they say it is an age thing but I don’t believe them!
6. Who was your first heart throb?
A boy called James was my first love when I was around 17 but he moved away to Canada with his family. I had a broken heart but they say time heals and it is true.
7.The pet hate that really gets your goat?
When someone is talking badly about someone and you know they are really quite nice.
8.What were you like as a child?
9. What’s the best thing about being the age that you are?
I am my own person .
10. What motto do you live your life by?
To try to be kind and be a good listener. I’m a regular churchgoer and I think that helps you in life to be that good person.