Chris Duke, wrestler and radio presenter from Cumbernauld Village who lives in Kilsyth
1. You are involved in pro wrestling and present your own radio show on Eklipse Sports Radio. Which pursuit is more nerve-wracking and why?
The emotions I feel before either is excitement. I was once told that if the excitement goes, it’s time to hang it up.
2. Who has proved to be your inspiration in both these roles?
Wrestling broadcaster Jim Ross. I love his ability to mix the emotion of the “stories” of wrestling and convey the sports side too, whilst keeping you entertained. Also Hulk Hogan. He’s shown anything is possible.
3. What do you like best about living in this area?
I love the community spirit of Kilsyth. Don’t get me wrong, I loved my time in the village too, everybody knows each other.
4. If we asked everyone we knew to agree on something about you, what would they say?
My two little girls are my entire life, and I think most people would see that.
5. Describe yourself in three words
Passionate dedicated daddy.
6. What is top of your bucket list?
To interview Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson. Or to sing on stage with Michael Buble.
7. Are you a glass half-full or half empty person?
I’m a glass half full guy. Until recently it was empty but positivity does a lot for you. I wouldn’t be where I am today if I wasn’t a positive person.
8. What is the best advice you have ever been given?
When my Eklipse boss Bill Young saw I was nervous andsaid “You don’t have to justify your being here, you got the job, you deserve to be here, Relax.’ That last word made all the difference!
9. What’s the difference for you between existing and living?
Living, for me, is making your mark in the world, so that it’s here long after you are gone.
10. What song sums up your life.?
Happy by Pharrell Williams.