In the spotlight this week is Jack Banks
1. What do you like most about Cumbernauld?
The green spaces and the people.
2. What song sums up your life?
My Way – Frank Sinatra
3. What is your favourite season?
The growing time in my garden and spending time with my friends in Cumbernauld Gardening Club.
4. When are you happiest?
When I am working in the garden and my wife of 52 years, Margaret, shouts “coffee!’’.
5. What’s your ideal holiday destination?
Penang, an island off the coast of Malaysia where I spent my army leave on National Service.
6. Who would you most like to go for a drink with?
I have had many special friends in my life but I was never able to have a drink with my dad as he passed away when I was just 16 years old.
7. What do you think is the key to success?
Having hopes and dreams, setting goals and working towards them, being upbeat and liking people.
8. What is your favourite film?
Saving Private Ryan.
9. Describe your perfect weekend.
Cooking! When the family come round I make a big pot of Polish cabbage soup. And having them here creates laughter and happiness and therefore an ideal weekend.
10. What motto do you live your life by?
I spent 55 happy years in the Scout movement and it has the ideal motto for living – be prepared!