In the spotlight this week is Callum McConville
1. You are a musician. Whose songs inspired you to make your own music?
The American musician John Mayer was probably my biggest inspiration to write songs. It’s his lyrics and his style of playing.
2. Tell us about the the most rock ‘n’ roll thing you’ve ever done?
I’m not very rock ‘n’ roll at all. It was probably missing a soundcheck once. That’s probably the most rock ‘n’ roll that it gets!
3. What’s your biggest goal in life?
To be able to play music and tour for a living and have a number one album of course.
4. Which three people dead or alive would you most like to have a drink with?
It would have to be Elvis, John Mayer and Alex Turner.
5. Tell us something about yourself that would surprise us.
I have never had a music lesson in my life.
6. What is the one temptation you can’t resist?
It has to be my mum’s cakes. It’s probably the white chocolate cookies.
7. What is your favourite pizza topping?
Americano pizza is my favourite for sure.
8. Your most treasured possession?
I have to say that it would probably be my guitar. I can’t put it down.
9. In three words: how would your nearest and dearest be most likely to describe you?
Funny, nice, quiet. I suppose that is quite close to it
10. What motto do you life your life by?
Probably you never know unless you try.