Educational provision in Condorrat began in the 1830s with a public subscription which raised enough money to provide housing for a schoolmaster.
A couple of years after the Education Act of 1872 was passed, the new school board was running a village school where William Kerr was the teacher.
However demand was clearly too great for that setup as the school pictured here opened in 1898 on the Main Road near Dalshannon. It had five teachers and 200 pupils including William Kerr who remained in post until 1913.
This school has long since been demolished and was replaced by housing.