This week, we have 10 questions for Kilsyth woman Cheryl Anderson. Here is what she had to say -
1.What do you love most about living in Kilsyth?
I love Kilsyth because of the people, Kilsyth as a town is so welcoming. I was born in Cumbernauld and moved to Kilsyth when I was 16, although I was never away from Kilsyth as a youngster. All of my family have been raised in Kilsyth, so it quickly became my home.
2. What do you enjoy the most about the work you do within the community?
My favourite part of community work is knowing that myself and colleagues of the community council, forum and Scottish National Party are able to make a difference to our community and the lives within.
3. If there is one thing you could change in Kilsyth, what would it be?
If I could change one thing, I would bring back some of the nostalgia that used to be around Kilsyth Main Street, when it more than just a Main Street it was the heart of the town,
4. What three things can’t you live without?
My family, friends, and my mobile
5. Who inspires you and why?
My biggest inspiration is my mum. She is an amazing person, would run to the end of the earth for anyone. She is so brave, fought breast cancer and came out fighting, to me she is such an inspiration.
6. If you had to pick one song to sum up your life, what it be?
Sixx;A.M Life is Beautiful. This came about when I found out I was suffering from depression. It summed up my life and made me realise that life is in fact beautiful.
7 .Describe yourself in three words?
Caring, enthusiastic and hardworking.
8. What is number one in your bucket list?
Owning my own luxury camper van and touring Scotland with my fiancé.
9. What is your favourite holiday destination and why?
Anstruther, Fife. I have many happy memories of this place.
10. What motto do you live your life by?
Nae man can tether, time or tide.