EASTER Sunday celebrations in a residential part of Cumbernauld had to be put on hold - after a ‘‘hidden fire’’ threatened to sweep the premises.
Firefighters were called to Binniehill Road in Balloch after an electrical fault sparked a blaze in a cavity wall after 4pm.
Two appliances rushed to the premises, where firefighters removed brickwork to tackle the blaze.
Specialist equipment was harnessed in an operation which took two hours to complete.
Three adult residents of the house left the premises to allow the firefighters to carry out their task.
No-one was hurt in the incident.