A KILSYTH church continued its jubilee celebrations recently with a special exhibition on its history in the town.
Kilsyth Church of God opened its doors to the public for the exhibition which was full of nostalgia.
The News and Chronicle recently reported that the church is celebrating 50 years at its current site on Parkburn Road.
Kilsyth Church of God, however, started life in the town as early as June 12, 1897, with the congregation meeting in the Westport Hall.
The Westport Hall, however, was destroyed by a fire in October 1961, although planning permission had already been gained to build a new church at the current site.
The tragic accident brought together the community, and the congregation worked hard with a contractor to get the building ready for its official opening on Saturday, December 15, 1962, taking them around 10 months to complete the project.