The Friends of Colzium and CultureNL Museums celebrated the heritage of Colzium House and Estate with an exhibition and fun day.
Work started on the house in 1783 and was extended and modernised in 1861, in 1937 on his retiral as town clerk W Mackay Lennox gifted the house to Kilsyth Burgh in memory of his mother.
Despite the rain hundreds of people turned out for the event which included numerous activities across the visitor centre, museum and cafe.
These included walking tours of the grounds led by Paul Carter, a tour of the Walled Garden led by Jim Marklow, a walking tour of old Kilsyth with a presentation by John Gordon.
There was also Kilsyth Quilt – Discovery Group, Town Twinning memorabilia, history of Kilsyth Community Council, Kilsyth Historic photographs and artifacts, history of Burns & Old Parish Church, vintage Christening Robes, 50 years of Civic Week memories, Earl of Loudoun’s Regiment of Foote, an exhibition of Kilsyth landscape photography and a book stall.
To keep young (and young at heart) visitors entertained young visitors there was kids crafts, games, dressing up activities and face painting.