Latest from the beat

editorial image

Here is a round of incidents reported by police in Cumbernauld and Kilsyth this week -

Police discovered cannabis resin during a routine car stop in Kilsyth.

The discovery was made at around 1.20am on Tuesday, August 6 on Anton Crescent. Police say officers at the scene noted the smell of cannabis coming from within the vehicle.

As a result of this stop, a small amount of cannabis resin was recovered and a 42-year-old woman informed she would be reported to the Procurator Fiscal.

A 20-year-old Stepps man was found to be in possession of a small amount of herbal cannabis.

Police say they discovered the drug on the man at around 9.20pm on Tuesday, August 6, within the car park area near to Myvot Road, Cumbernauld.

The man was subsequently cautioned and charged .

He was also informed by police that the matter would be reported to the Procurator Fiscal.

An attempt was made to break into a Cumbernauld commerical property.

Police say the incident happened in Grayshill Road in the town between 4pm and 9.15pm on Sunday, August 11.

A white Alfa Romeo Julieta was stolen after a Cumbernauld home was broken into at around 2.25am on Wednesday, August 7.

The suspect was seen driving off from the scene on Hopepark Drive.

He is described as being between 16 and 19 years of age, 5’10” tall, slim build and he was wearing a grey coloured jogging suit with the hood pulled up. The vehicle has still not been recovered.

A 34 year old Kilsyth man was arrested in the early hours of Thursday, August 8 following a routine stop by uniformed officers on Barlandfauld Street near to Murray Avenue in the town. The man was suspected to be driving while allegedly under the influence of alcohol. He was later released from police custody and informed that he would be the subject of a report to the Procurator Fiscal.

A 24-year-old Kilsyth man was arrested on Rennie Road in the town for allegedly committing a breach of the peace.

The incident happened on Sunday, August 12. Police say the incident took place at around 2.20am.

The man allegedly on being arrested attempted to assault officers while resisting arrest.

He was taken to Cumbernauld Police Office and later released from custody.

Police in Cumbernauld confirmed that the man was informed that the matter would be reported to the Procurator Fiscal.