Man treated in hospital after fire in drying area

editorial image

A MAN was treated in hospital for smoke inhalation after youths allegedly set fire to clothes in a drying area in Cumbernauld Village.

The incident happened between 10.15pm and 10.30pm on Sunday, September 2, on Main Road.

A wheelie bin was also allegedly set on fire.

Police say two boys – aged 12 and 15 – have been reported to the Children’s Panel for alleged wilful fire raising.

What’s your view? Email our newsdesk or call 01236 725578.