People trapped in their homes after fire starts in common close

editorial image
Share this article

TERRIFIED residents were trapped in their homes after a blaze in a common close area of a block of flats in Kilsyth started in the middle of the night.

Firefighters from Kilsyth and Kirkintilloch fire stations responded to an emergency call at the flats on Northfield Road, at around 2.50am on Friday, December 21.

A further appliance from Cumbernauld Fire Station also attended the scene to tackle the fire which started in a cupboard.

For full story, see this week’s Cumbernauld News or Kilsyth Chronicle dated Wednesday, December 26.