Watch take full points

Share this article

Campsie Black Watch 5 Dean Thistle 2 Under 19s League

CAMPSIE Black Watch under 19s played Dean Thistle from Kilmarnock at Toryglen Indoor Complex on Saturday and secured all three points with a very strong performance.

The young Watch started the game better adapting to the different surroundings quicker than Thistle.

Campsie opened the scoring in the 14th minute. Finlayson's crossfield pass found Millar who with one touch brought the ball onto his right foot, and from 20 yards out, let rip a powerful shot into the net.

With half an hour played the young Watch increased their lead with another superb goal when captain Rory Finlayson came up with the goods.

With Campsie defending well, he broke down yet another Thistle attack, McLoone raced down the right, skipping past two Deans players neatly playing in O'Conner who was at the edge of the Thistle's box. He sent a perfect pass for the on-coming Finlayson who side footed an unstoppable strike low into the left hand corner to give the keeper no chance.

Five minutes later Thistle grabbed a goal back. A corner from the right was whipped into the box. The ball couldn't get cleared by the Campsie defenders. It bounced into a ruck of players. McLoone tried to clear only to see the ball hit his own man and cross the line for an OG.

The young Watch didn't give Deans time to dwell on their goal when they went straight on the attack. Prentice found Aitken in the box to bring a great save from keeper Watt to turn the ball round his post for a corner. Millar took the corner, sent the ball to the back post for Cousland, unmarked, to tap into the net.

After the break the visitors began to give Campsie problems. It was end to end stuff. However it was the Blackies that found the net although Thistle had chances but couldn't connect. McDowal sent Prentice on a run down the left, picked out Aitken who smuggled the ball between a defender and the Thistle keeper and calmly rolled the ball into the empty net, to make it 4-1.

On the hour mark the game was still raging on, both teams still giving everything into their play, Deans' Thistle deservedly grabbing a goal back. A cross from the right from Tivendale caught the Campsie defence ball watching. Striker McIntosh who was Deans best player took the ball out of the air and skilfully smacked a right foot shot past Darroch.

With ten minutes left Aitken found the net for his double.

Reid who worked hard to win the ball sent Millar through the middle. His pass was blocked. The quick thinking Aitken mugged the defender just outside his box, raced past the helpless keeper and sidefooted the ball home.

This was the only league game on at the weekend and the committee are delighted to get a good performance and a great win from the team, who haven't played since November 21.

Birdston Kennels Man of the Match: Nicky Prentice.

CAMPSIE: Darroch, McLoone, Cousland, McArthur, McDowal, Auld, Millar, O'Conner, Prentice, Aitken, Reid, Haddow, O'Halloran, Mitchell.